2013-10-20

100 Words on Saturday-7: I Knew It Was My Last Day There


I am participating in 100 Words on Saturday-7, a prompt provided by Sugandha of Shades of Life (http://somethings-sugandha.blogspot.in) on writetribe.com. I am penning a short story on the prompt, 'I knew It was My Last Day There and hope you like it.
*************************************************************************


I Knew It Was My Last Day ThereHordes of relatives and friends thronged to catch a final glimpse as I sat among them in the hall. The mood was sober and some shed a tear or two. I smiled as I remember the day I was born and as I grow up, my parents held my tiny hands to make me walk. I felt a tinge of sadness when I saw the friends I made in college, my first crush and kiss. They carried me on their shoulders in my last journey. I smiled and bade the last farewell to them. I knew it was my last day there.

16 comments:

kalpana solsi said...

Very nice and a good take on the prompt.

Anonymous said...

:( Sad one.

Sunita said...

Profound!

Anonymous said...

Oh! he was an aatma. A good take Vishal. :)

Jairam said...

Lovely take on the prompt, am sure nobody expected someone dead to be the protagonist of this post

Vishal Bheeroo said...

@Kalpana: Thank you so much for liking the post.
take a walk in the woods: It's sad but I thought bout speaking from the soul point of view
@Sunita: Thanks a ton
@Shilpa: Yes! Indeed, he was an aatma and thanks a lot.
@Jairam:hehe! I took so many by surprise, na and I'm happy u like it.The soul speaks and reflects on life, na:)

Pixie said...

oh! That's just sad.. :(
Beautiful take on the prompt

Unknown said...

Wow, this was so poignant. Absolutely brilliant! ♥

Vishal Bheeroo said...

@Pixie: Thank you so much and in a way, it's sad. The departed soul:)
@Kathy: You made my day and am so happy you liked it:)

ConfusedHumanity said...

the journey ...the final one...with so many half baked dreams,half done chores....

the little princess said...

exactly my thoughts on the prompt! nice read.

Ruchira Khanna said...

good take on the prompt

Vishal Bheeroo said...

@Titli: I am so glad our ideas converged and that's what I call, Karmic connection.
@Confused Humanity: Love the way you've described everything..life and dreams are half-baked. Tanku:)
@Ruchira: Thank u sooo, much:)

Obsessivemom said...

Sad.. Gives a feeling of things left undone.

Unknown said...

Hmm...Vishal. So u hv already imagined hw ur last journey will look like. Good.

Hope u have learnt to embrace life. Read today's speaking tree in Times of India.

Anonymous said...

It's bitter truth indeed...Nice take on the prompt