2015-08-03

Monsoon Affair (14)

Monsoon Affair (14)

It's Friendship Day. I am sitting alone, wearing my cute frock and my eyes are moist. I am holding a red rose, which the cute boy gave to me and run away for his life. He looked frightened. I didn't have the time to say thank you and hugging him for making me smile. How I wish life would always be beautiful? But, it's not meant to be.
I hate uncle for making our lives hell at home. Mom and Dad are cross with me for lying about uncle to them. He threatened to kill me the last time if I ever say anything to my parents. I hate him. I want to kill him. I think I will do it one day when I grow up. When I complained to Dad, he pretended to be all nice and told them, she's just an innocent child. What harm will a ten year old do? He pinched my cheek. I hate people like him. There is something not right about him.
Every time, I see him in the house, I am frightened to death and wanted to hide somewhere. His eyes became strange when he started to look for something in the house. He ruffled through Dad's documents.  He was hiding something behind his back when he saw me and shouted at me to go and play outside. Once I saw him sneaking inside the house and closed the door. I tried to peek inside the hole through the door knob and saw that he was searching frantically for something. I couldn't make out what he was doing. Has Dad asked him to look for something? Uncle gave me a nasty look and I am scared that he will murder me. He looked dangerous.
He was Dad's confident and Mom looked up to him as an elder brother, tying raakhi to his hand to protect us. But, I sensed that something was wrong and can't make out why they were not listening to me at all.
I was 16 year old when the body of Mom was found lying on the bed. The doctor was called by Uncle and declared her dead. The hospital said that Mom has either consumed poison or was tricked into drinking something, which means that she was killed. But, police ruled out the possibility and said that she consumed the poison by mistake. I fought with Dad, convincing him that this man is behind all this but he shouted at me, saying that I am doubting an innocent man. I got fed up with the whole thing and after two years, it was the time for me to leave for my studies at St Xavier's.
Five years later, I came home for holidays when I saw that was Dad in tears and hugged me, "Huma! My child! You were right. This man has destroyed our lives and killed your Mom. His eyes has fallen on our property and last night, he fooled me by making me drink the alcohol laced with sedatives. I couldn't understand what he was doing and forced my hand on our property. I was too weak and collapsed."
Our world came crashing down. Dad couldn't take this shock and suffered a massive heart stroke. He was paralysed and six months later, he died. It was at that moment that I have decided to avenge the death of my parents. Nothing was more important to me than the death of that man. It pricks my conscience every time and can hear a tormented voice who keep telling me to finish the man who destroyed our lives.
It's been five years that I have been plotting my revenge, following the man on every street and lanes. I finally found him and was able to hoodwink him to come to the outskirt in Mumbai. Finally, he is my clutches and there is no way that he can escape from me. The day has arrived to torture him and make him burn in hell.
No power in the world shall stop me in taking his life and deliver justice to my parents. It's the last day for him to live on the earth and I don't want anything to come between me and my revenge. It's not now that I will become weak and falter. I have refused to fall in love like a normal girl does.
I will not be able to sleep today. He has to die and I have to ensure that nothing goes wrong. I just hope that Varun doesn't follow me like he usually does and spoils my plans. I have waited for this moment of truth to happen.

No comments: