2018-01-21

Ten Mistakes I wish haven't done in my 20s


If I could turn and spin the wheel of time to fix it at Orbit level, there are so many things that would have been done differently. I don't regret reckless mistakes but seriously hope there was a guide to gently show me things. The 20s was such an era of confusion and a rigid mind which obsessed over things. I wish there was a hit, pause, rewind and stop button where fear would be put to rest. I have always been an overthinker to a rigid level that made me lose focus. It was never about me but the world and at the end, I lost myself to the crowd.


1. Chucking out the fear that ruled my life whether it's dating, going for a harmless fling and adventure spree to experiment life in all its various forms.


2. Pumped iron. I hardly exercised in my 20s and was ruled by fear and laziness when it came to fitness.  It surely took a toll when I reached my 30s.


3. Standing up to people and questioning the rules of society more often. Status quo can gnaw and kill your own self.


4. Believe in my dreams and work my ass to make things happen, whether it's my passion to make it in movies or walking the tightrope. I didn't push myself harder.


5. Take a risk and plunge in asking this super hot girl out. So what, I was turned down and faced rejection? There is so much fun and learning in being shown the door. At least, I should have tried and failed which I did but not enough.


6. Stop worrying about being broke or the lack of money. It shouldn't have dampened my spirit to experiment and living life fully.


7. Stand up more for the self, ideologies, and values. There is a certain passionate pleasure and courage to defend one's own opinion on various things. I didn't take a stand for things that I believe in on several occasions.


8. Travelled more to explore the world, meet new people and educate myself.


9. Listening to the heart more often. I have always followed the heart but didn't experiment with life like I should to chuck out self-doubts raging within.

10.  I never questioned myself or assessed the impulsive decisions that I took or for that matter, never banged on the door hard enough. I did ignore the voice of reason who advised me not to go for a Master in Economics since I already hold a Bachelor degree. Since I am interested in cinema, the main thing was to go for Mass Comm. Rupali, my classmate gave me this advice which I never listened to. Today, I am into journalism and regret not listening to her. But, it's never too late and this is what I plan to do.

No comments: